Monday, June 25, 2007

Philisophical Day with the kids

With small children every now and then they catch you off guard with their questions and observations. I remember the time my oldest asked my wife and I "who made God?" which if you are not prepared (who is really) can leave you stumbling for an answer.

The other day I got a double whammy from my kids. To start off the day i was riding bikes with my middle child (5 yrs old) early in the morning (the time of day and her desire to exercise is worthy of another post) when she looked up to me with her big blue eyes and said "I wonder what the last two words will be I will say before I die?". "I think they will be 'good bye'." I was of course taken back, way back! I thought about it for a second and then told her that there were many more things for her to do and to worry about before she had to worry about death. To that she said "like getting grey hair?" I could only laugh.

Of course if that were the last of it that would still be note worthy however it was not. Later that morning as I was driving my 7 yr old to school she declared that she no longer wanted to be human because humans pollute. Now you have to know her, she can be quite introspective and in fact chose to be a vegitarian from the age of 5. She is very concerned with how humans treat animals and the world in general so she may be more evolved than some. She was very upset about pollution this day and feeling very bad. I encouraged her to use her energy to try to help humans be better and pollute less. This seemed to satiate her for the moment and she went off to school pondering the situation.

That to me was a very interesting way to start a day!

Next post - we are at the moment trying to potty train my 3 year old son before the summer gets into full swing and he is showing no interest but it is a funny process to watch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you editors for the topic.Its include a lot of useful informations.i join this blog i couldnt see unnecessary arguments and it makes us happy thnx all moderator n editors.
Thnx Forsesli sohbet sesli chat

Anonymous said...

Thank you editors for the topic.Its include a lot of useful informations.i join this blog i couldnt see unnecessary arguments and it makes us happy thnx all moderator n editors.
Thnx Forsesli sohbet sesli chat