Saturday, July 28, 2007

Quick Trip Update







Howdy, I thought I would give a quick update from our summer vacation back east. Our trip east was uneventful and Melissa wisely dressed the kids (and me) all in orange so we stood out amongst the thousands of summer travelers.


We spent a fun few days at my in-laws the Durley's in Maryland. They live in Leisure World, a nice retirement community which caters to the active retiree, which they certainly are! We had a couple of activities as well as celebrating my mother-in-laws 80th birthday!
We took the kids to the National Zoo which was fun for the kids and good for us. We have not been since we were kids and it is nice to see the zoo is holding up well and continuing to improve the facilities.

I highly recommend it if you are traveling to the Washington D.C. area.

We also had a quick visit with Shari Elliker who is Melissa's long time and very good friend. She has a radio program called BroadMinded which is available on XM satellite radio. We hope to see her later in our visit.
We have now transitioned to my sister Beth's house in Charlottesville VA for a family reunion. I'll post more on that later.




No comments: