Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Vacation Summary

Well as my friend Darren says blogging is about volume and consistency and I certainly have been remiss in that regard. We took literally hundreds of pictures and I will update the post with a link to the best pictures from the trip. In the mean time I wanted to update everyone. The kids were great in all aspects of the trip, plan, car, museum etc etc which really made this for our best vacation ever!

We finish an awesome two week vacation in the east coast. We visited friends and family and didn't get a chance to spend enough time with anyone!

The kids had all kinds of new experiences like seeing firefly's for the first time with Gramma and Baba.

We then went to my sisters house in Charlottesville Va to spend a little time with her family. We had a family reunion which featured four generations together for the first time in 4 years.
One of the highlights was watching my 88 yr/old grandmother play golf against my aunt Susan on the Wii gaming system. I then had the pleasure of getting beat in Wii bowling 153 to 150 by my grandfather, awesome! We also let the kids ride on a motor cycle with Uncle Lane and play on the ropes course in the front yard which was fun.


We then transitioned to a more rural scene and joined my dad and Sue at their property in Craig county Virginia (population 5000, no traffic lights!) The kids had more adventures including exploring a 100 yr/old barn and seeing the remains of the original log cabin where the only thing left is the chimney. There were tons of deer and turkey (despite the noise coming from the kids) and my dad is obsessed with "outbuildings". There were plenty of other attractions near by like hiking, lakes and other places to explore.


They have a beautiful place and we hope to visit again soon. We spent the evenings watching satellites and stars. I highly recommend it for any vacation.

We finished with an absolute whirlwind of visits including my friend Jim Geiger who just returned from 2 years in Brazil, Sheri Eliker who has her own show on XM Satellite Radio.

We went to the Zoo, trolley museum, Smithsonian museum of Natural History (awesome) as well as many other attractions. It was a full yet relaxing vacation!

No comments: