Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Earings!!

I had an interesting voice mail message on my mobile phone yesterday from my daughter Lea. It all started over the weekend when my wife mentioned that she had inquired about getting her ears pierced b/c another friend had. We talked about how her mom had not permitted her to get them until she was 13 and Lea is only 5 so I did not give it much thought chalking up to normal little girl desire to look more mature. We didn't really talk about it much after that and then i got the phone message.

It was Lea saying "Hi Daddy, I got my ears pierced today!" I was in a little bit of shock! My little girl getting earings? Wow, another stage in life! She sounded so excited on the message that I knew she was extremely proud and happy. I called her and congratulated her on it and told her I could not wait to see.

She was very excited and it is a bit hard to see in the picture but she chose little cubic zirconia for her ears and they suit her just right!

In the end it seems that she kept asking and ultimately they foind themselves at the doctor and she had a piercing gun and could do it right there in a safe and sterile environment and that was that.

Another interesting observation was that my 7 yr old said she did not want to have earings until she was 10 and Nicolas wanted to get an earing as well (that will have to come later, like father like son!)

No comments: