Saturday, November 10, 2007

Poker Night Almost Winner




Last Thursday I played in my second ever Texas Hold 'Em poker tournament with a great result! This was the Rivermark dad's club and they have the tourney about once every three months. There were 31 people there and as I have mentioned before it is very professionally run with timed rounds, fixed buy-ins etc. We had 3 tables divided into 10-10-11 and players were eliminated at a pretty regular rate including two very quickly from our table.

I played conservatively and did not try to steal any hands or bluff too much as there were a few very good players sitting at our table. I did get some good cards including pocket Aces when they guy to my right had pocket Kings and except for one hand played them well enough to make it to the final table. In fact I took a couple of players out and made it to the final three! That is well into the money places so I ended up taking home $150 net! The game went from 7:30-12:30! Whew I was tired on Friday but it was worth it! The picture is of the top 4 players and the huge trophy for the winner!

No comments: