Thursday, April 10, 2008

Running with Steve

About a year and a half ago I found a new running partner who has really helped me keep up with my running and encourage me when I am tiring. He has been a tremendous help and duing this period I have lost about 20lbs. This particular running partner is steve boyett and he is a dj who builds incredible mixes for running and makes them available via his websites called Podrunner and Groovelectric as well as iTunes. I like a wide range of music and what I like about steve is he draws from a wide range of mixes to make his music. He uses everything from the eagles "hotel California" and simon and garfunkel "Mrs. Robinson" to Janet Jackson "nasty girl" as well as throwing in some cool classics like remixes of the devils tower scene in the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Apocalypse Now. He definitely tends towards the funky which for me is awesome for running.

If you are looking for a running (or exercise partner in general) to help keep you rocking forward you should check out Steve's site where you can subscribe to his podcast, send him an email or buy a shirt by going to his home page.

No comments: