Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wow I could get use to this!! - Courtside

Last night around 6pm I was just finishing up at work when my friend Steve called me to let me know he had an extra ticket for that nights Golden State Warriors vs. Oklahoma City Thunder basketball game. I was initially thinking I could not go for logistical reasons but then he told me they were COURTSIDE seats I found a way to go. These were once in a lifetime (at least my life) seats so I was glad I did. These seats normally retail for $1800 a piece and I got mine for free!!! The image at the right is the actual ticket I had for the game.

The seats were phenomenal!! At the Oracle arena there are 4 court side seats between the scoring table and the visitors bench and we had those four seats! I literally sat next to the visiting teams coaches as they watched the game. We were able to talk to the players and the coaches sometimes even during the game. The view needless to say was amazing. You could see, hear and smell the game. You could see nuances lost to any other vantage point. I did not think that my Fiesta Bowl experience would be topped (at least from a sport seating stand point) but it was.

Because we were next to the visitors bench that also meant that the TV cameras were often on us. In fact my co-worker JT who had dropped me off at the game went home and put it on the TV and was instantly able to see me. He snapped a photo of the screen with his iPhone and sent it to me at the game. Here is the picture, the blue spot next to the court and visitors is me sitting there happily drinking a beer. If you could zoom in very far you would be able to see a smile from ear to ear!!
I also almost forgot to mention one of the coolest things and that is that Kevin Durant plays for the Thunder. Kevin Durant was a freshman star at the University of Texas and because he was so close I was able to give a Hook 'Em Horns sign to him and he gave one back to me! Pretty Cool!


Wow amazing!!