Saturday, March 14, 2009

Game night for Lea (updated)

Last night we had the first of several birthday presents for Lea. She got to go to a Golden State Warriors game against their rival (and playoff bound) the Dallas Mavericks with me and one of her very favorite adults (man-child really :)) Darren.

We had a great time at the game which all started with serious rock star parking thanks to the folks at JustTix.


Our seats were just OK but for Lea she got the whole experience. We saw the teams warming up, all of the other pre-game activities and we stopped by the NBA display which allowed you to compare your feet, hands and height to NBA players. I must say Lebron James has HUGE hands and feet.
She enjoyed many of her favorite food groups like hot dogs, Gatorade, pretzels and nachos! Of course Darren and I were able to stave off thirst with our favorite BEvERage.



Here is a photo of Lea and I at the game taken with Darren's phone camera (and instantly emailed to Melissa at home I might add). The quality is a bit blurry but not the memories!




Best of all the Warriors won the game and they were not favored. They had all of their top players healthy and really gave the Mavericks a hard time inside, outscoring them in the paint 52-36. This made for lots of exciting dunks and gave us plenty to cheer about.

Darren also gave Lea a Warriors shirt at the game which she loves. She slept in it last night and is still wearing it this morning. I am not sure we will be able to get her to take it off!
Thanks Darren for making this a great time for Lea (and for me). She is all abuzz this morning and that is what we had hoped for!


Darren just sent me another phone picture from the evening and it was so cute I had to add it. It is Darren and Lea at the game.

No comments: