Thursday, April 23, 2009

Return of the dark racer

I've previously blogged about my personal race against a mysterious racer who I was un-able to catch early one morning.

Well during our morning ride Wednesday he returned to the scene in much the same way, ahead of us by about 1/2 a mile. This time however we were out numbered him and when I mentioned to Richard (one of my riding partners) that I recognized that rider from the flashing pattern of his tail lights he said "we will catch him". When we entered the beginning of the San Thomas Aquino trail he was approximately the same distance ahead.

Richard and I are pretty good at drafting off of each other so we were gaining on him pretty fast but it still took us the better part of 2 miles to go past. When we finally did he was clearly surprised to see us go by. We passed him coming out of the last underpass along the way. There was approximately another 1/4 mile along the trail before it transitions along another road.

Clearly a bit miffed to be passed the dark racer re-passed us as we pressed down the back stretch of the 3.5 mile run we were repeating. I guess he didn't want to be passed!

No comments: