Thursday, May 7, 2009

Down for the count - back up now

Wow I just had a very bad 24 hours, in fact the worst I've had in quite some time. Tuesday night (or really early Wednesday morning) at 2pm I woke up with sever stomach cramps and what appears to have been a stomach flu. I then proceeded to have to go to the bathroom every 20-30 minutes for the next couple of hours. I also began to feel achy all over and had a fever and headaches. Not Good!!

This all left me incredibly drained of course and when morning came I could not eat nor did I have the energy. Melissa gave me water and Gatorade to keep my electrolytes up.

I had so little energy that I was barely able to make it down the stairs to the couch. Once there I was only able to lay down. My intestinal problems continued throughout the day interrupting my sleep but much less frequently thankfully.

By the end of the day I started to feel a little better and was able to have some dinner with Melissa and the kids although I still didn't feel great.

I went to bed still feeling about 60% of my normal self but fortunately not like I did all day which was like I had been stepped on by a giant. Then miraculously I woke up at 2am last night and it was all gone, my headache, fever and the aches. Gone, finished, vanished, fin. This morning I feel human, I am going to eat breakfast and head into work. Amazing.

This little 24 hour take down occurred on one of the worst possible weeks. This is the week before our largest event in company history our annual user conference and to which I am a major contributor so I had to re-schedule multiple meetings and still had to take several phone calls yesterday just because things I knew were on the critical path for the event.

I am sure it will all be fine and I am just glad I feel better. I hope this isn't something that is going around and we certainly did everything we could here to limit the exposure of the kids to it.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program!

No comments: