Thursday, May 14, 2009

Great Bike Ride

At our annual user conference there is always an unofficial bike ride on one of the mornings. This year was no different and since I've been riding some I decided to go knowing that they get pretty aggressive. It turns out we had 8 riders and 1 of them is training for an iron man triathlon!

We started in downtown San Francisco with the goal of riding over the Golden Gate Bridge and into the Marin Headlands and back. Unfortunately on the way out there was a mishap and a rider in front of me cut me off and I fell hard to the pavement. I had some road rash and some bruises but the bike was ok and I was ok so we continued.

The ride across the golden gate was awesome, the sun was just rising in the east and air was perfectly clear. On the other side there were a couple of hill climbs which were a challenge for me but I made it the entire way.

The total ride was 27 miles and I had a great time. It was simply stunning to see the city and the coast that way. I highly recommend it!

Check out the pictures from the ride taken by one of the guys on the ride.

http://picasaweb.google.com/danny.sokolsky/MLUC09UnofficialBikeRide02?authkey=Gv1sRgCMzzxOy5i8a-vwE&feat=directlink

No comments: