Thursday, July 16, 2009

A more refined taste?

I decided to work from home today because I had 5 + hours of conference calls and thought I might as well take them from home and save the commute.

Melissa was nice enough to offer to go to the local Peet's coffee and tea to pick up a fresh coffee for me. As she was heading out the door the kids got wind of her destination and I heard Nicolas exclaim "Mommy, I want a green tea frapachino and a lemon scone!"

I thought "Wow! that kids knows what he wants!" Right after that I thought, "and he has a pretty refined taste too!"

What happened to a Slurpee and a candy bar? No McNuggets and a soda? These were staples at one time? He certainly has a more refined taste than I did at the time, although Starbucks and Peet's were merely a twinkle in someones eye at the time.

I am sure when he gets older he will be the guy ordering a half caf, low fat, extra hot, vanilla latte with a peppermint shot. Oh well...i do hope he starts to pay for it soon as those things are $4-5 bucks!

No comments: