Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Roller Skating - Take Me Back!

We enjoyed our Presidents Day holiday on Monday and decided to take the kids for something fun last week so we decided to take them roller skating.
To my surprise there are still roller skating rinks in business not to far from our house. We went to Cal Skate Milpitas and this really Melissa and I back about (ahem) 25+ years to the days of middle school. This place looked like it hadn't changed in that long!
The skating came back to Melissa and I fairly quickly I am happy to say. The kids had their own stories, Julia was up and skating pretty quickly, Lea took a little longer but was eventually out in the rink although moving slowly and Nicolas, spent most of his time working his way around the wall.
The rink had all of the qualities that I remember from those Saturday nights: large rink, colorful lights (including disco ball), thumping music, disgustingly dirty floor and very greasy food!
All in all we loved it (well OK I did) and it made me feel like a kid again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you editors for the topic.Its include a lot of useful informations.i join this blog i couldnt see unnecessary arguments and it makes us happy thnx all moderator n editors.
Thnx For sesli sohbet sesli chat seslisohbet SesliChat