Monday, March 22, 2010

Buuuusy weekend!!!



This past weekend we were so busy I didn't even have a chance to blog about a couple of very important things. Being that I am in the middle of my vacation time I can see why retired people I know tell me they are more busy now than when they worked!

Here are the highlights from the schedule:

Friday afternoon we went to see the Cirque du Soleil - Ovo show. It was an incredible event with amazing tricks, acrobatic feats, music, lights etc. If you have not had a chance to see a show I highly recommend it. Afterwards we went out to dinner in San Jose.

Saturday morning (adter I went for a 5 mile run) Lea had her second softball game which consumed more than three hours, but the good news is they won and Lea had 2 hits and 2 runs scored! She is doing very well for her first season!

Saturday afternoon we hurriedly ran some errands.

Early Saturday evening we went to a murder-mystery play where participated in the play. The setting was a steam ship crossing the Atlantic in 1941 on the days following the declaration of war between the UK and Germany. I played a German engineer and Melissa played a cabaret singer. We dressed up in costumes as did everyone else and had a ton of fun. Neither of us solved the mystery but we sure had fun trying. We got back to the house very late so the kids were beat to say the least.

Sunday morning (after I went for a 6 mile run) we celebrated Lea's 8th birthday with a made to order breakfast and presents and cards. It was fun and she thanks everyone for the nice gifts.

Sunday afternoon we had a small group meeting with some folks from Church and then Sunday evening we went out to birthday dinner at Red Robin.

Whew, I think I need to go back to work to rest!!!

I'll post some pictures from Lea's games soon.

No comments: