Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mega day for Lea

I've been very lucky over the last few weeks because during my time off I've gotten to do lots of things with the kids that I would normally miss. For example last week I was able to go on a field trip with Nicolas over to the local hotel and he was VERY excited to have dad along instead of mommy. He held my hand almost the entire time!

Another thing that I was able to attend was one of the megaskills award ceremonies over at the kids school. The reason we went was that we had a heads up from lea's teacher that she won the 2nd grade megaskill award this month for empathy. The megaskills program recognizes a few kids from each grade for demonstrating key life skills (Nicolas and Julia have each won the trust award). It was great to be able to attend the event for a change and to actually see her go up in front of the entire school and accept the award and we were of course very proud of her! Here is a picture of her with her certificate.

No comments: