Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Maintaining Perspective

One of the biggest challenges I have, and I know others struggle with, is maintaining perspective while working in Silicon Valley, particularly for a startup. It is very easy to get caught up in it all and let a company work you for many hours. This almost always comes at the detriment of family time. I know for me I can sometimes loose perspective and need to have it reset from time to time. As the kids get older for example they are more aware of times when I am away or working late. Julia was recently was giving me a hard time about being "gone too much". Now that is just her point of view, but in some cases perspective is reality so I need to make sure I keep paying attention.

I am not great at it, and always need to be checked, which my family does. I think it is something I will always struggle with for sure.

There is always more work...

No comments: