Sunday, May 11, 2008

First 10k in 20y


Well Saturday I completed my first 10K race in 20 years! The race was called the Human Race and was the 15th annual race and is run in Mountain View. The weather was great if not a little too warm and it was really well run and they also had a 5k run, a 5k walk (which Melissa and kids did,) and a 5 k dog walk which I thought was thoughtful. The race had a lot of sponsors and one of them, National Semiconductor, matched donations to our school organization and we were able to raise $5600 for DSCO (school organization which Melissa helped found and was vice president of for a year)


I was able to meet my goal on race speed but it was pretty tough. I was over dressed and it was pretty warm so I was laboring a bit. I was not the oldest, youngest, tallest, shortest, thinnest etc. runner in the race. The race started off fast and it evened out over time so that I was basically running with the same 20 people for 3/4ths of the race.
I also relied pretty heavily on my friend Steve (dj steveboy) to help with the race, he was with me all the way.
I am definitely inspired to do more races, it was great to have a goal to train for and combine that with fund raising for the school!

No comments: