Thursday, June 5, 2008

Taking the time for the little things

With things being so busy with life in the valley (or anywhere) sometimes little important events can easily slip by without one noticing. Today fortunately I was able to stop the "madness" for a little while and enjoy some very special time with Nicolas. His pre-school put on a fathers day event (yes an entire week early) and I was able to attend (which given my recent travel schedule is always in question).

Now I admit that when it was first proposed I was not entirely enthusiastic because we are really busy at work getting ready for our user conference. But fortunately I was able (with some encouragement from Melissa) to see how important it would be to Nicolas and important in general. I took Nicolas over to school and we shared a nice breakfast of grapes, watermelon and coffee cake (they had coffee too!). Then all of the pre-schoolers sang a couple of songs and gave us gifts of hand pained coffee mugs.

It was really awesome and I am really glad I went, Nicolas gave me a huge hug and sweetest "I love you". It was a good reminder to me to take time for the little things amongst the chaos of daily life in the valley. I am also have a new mug at work as a constant reminder to stop and take time.

No comments: