Monday, June 30, 2008

Pool Pandemonium (in the good way)

I love the summer time because I love to take the kids to the neighborhood pool. This year is no exception and in fact the pandemonium we create when there now is greater than ever.

Here is how it works. We go into the deep end (which is only 5ft) and the kids climb all over me (including Nicolas). I then select one at random (actually usually Lea because she is pinching me) and throw them as far away as possible. Then I select another and throw. By the time I've thrown all three the first is back and ready to be tossed again. They are of course screaming with delight each time the fly through the air.

Well this tires me out after a little while (not them) and I have to dive under to try to swim away. They are also relentless swimmers now (thanks to a winter of swimming lessons) so as soon as I come up for air someone is almost always close to me.

I've had to start grabbing one of their legs when I am under the water and giving it a yank which results in a quick dunking. So now they know that as soon as I go under they need to keep a watch out. Imagine me going under to the bottom of the 5tf side and looking up and there are 3 pairs of eyes staring down at me waiting to see what my next move will be.

I noticed about halfway through that we were making such a racket that some parents were staring at the pandemonium. Since they were not in the pool with their kids I'd like to think they were jealous.

I can generally keep it up for about an hour before I need a break! I am not sure I am going to be able to keep up with them by the end of summer.

No comments: