Sunday, September 7, 2008

Getting my repair mojo back!

For the last couple of months we have had a minor issue with the hot water lever to the faucet in our bathroom. Basically the handle had come loose and would fall off when touched. This was an annoying situation but it was not really clear how to fix because it was not clear how to re-attach the handle.

So we lived with it for while until finally I had a weekend with enough free time that I decided to tackle the handle. After studying it for a while I decided I had better just take it a part. The faucets are the ones that came with the house, Moen, and have a number of moving parts. After some dis-assembly I went to the Moen website and I was able to see a blow up picture of the very faucet we had and this enlightened me on the problem. It turns our there was a small screw inside the faucet itself which had fallen out and needed to be attached. I could not figure out how to get inside and I could not figure out how to get inside or get it off of the sink.

During that session time ran our and we had to live without that sink for a week. Ultimately I did discover how to get top off of the remaining faucet parts and get access to the screw that was deep inside the faucet.

After re-attaching the handle and aligning the faucet we were back in business!!

So after a shaky start I am back. Now if I could just get the grass in my back yard to grow evenly!!

No comments: