Saturday, October 24, 2009

I guess I need to get it together, no pressure!...

I've noticed just recently that everyone in the family has been doing really well and I am starting to feel some pressure. What do I mean? Let's look at some examples.

Julia is taking violin, in an advanced book club and was selected into the GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) program at school.

Lea is the youngest swimmer in her pre-competitive class, reading at roughly two grade levels above 2nd grade, and nearly had the teach in tears during the parent-teacher conference because she is so wonderful to have in class.

As I've previously blogged about Nicolas is starting to read and having a great time in kindergarten and doing excellent in swimming.

And now Melissa has broken out too. In addition to winning the volunteer of the year award, she now has her first gallery show to exhibit her painting! She is on fire! (well not really of course because that would hurt). About 2 months ago she started to feel the passion and drive to start painting again (she has an art undergrad and near art graduate degree). Her event is on the 6th of November at the San Jose Art Walk which is designed to promote art in San Jose and occurs the first Friday of every month.

Well with everyone excelling I guess I need to figure out what my thing will be and I had better do it fast! No pressure!

No comments: