Thursday, October 4, 2007

Halloween & Zombies

It is that time of year where my kids seem to put a lot of thought into what they want to be for Halloween. The three of them can sit and stare at a costume catalog proclaiming "i wanna be that one.." over and over again looking at witches, goblins and zombies. Of course there are deeper psychological impacts of this behavior which I don't think they grasp.

I returned late last night from a trip to New York City and had awoken early (thanks to my good friend jet lag) this morning when Lea came into our room. Side note: it was nice to hear the excitement in her voice when she realized i had returned, very nice! Anyway she told me she had had a nightmare and she climbed in bed to the safety of mom and dad. I asked her if she wanted to talk about it and she described her dream to me stating that Nicolas was a zombie in her dream and was chasing her around. She also said Julia was turning into a zombie ans starting to chase her around. I asked her how she knew what a zombie was and she described Nicolas walking with stiff arms and legs and wanting to bite her (which might just be something Nicolas would do anyway). I chuckled at this story and chalked it up to the catalog and the upcoming Halloween holiday. For her part Lea, having successfully dumped the unpleasant memory, rolled over and went to sleep. I got up and went for a run.

No comments: