Sunday, November 2, 2008

The future - weddings

We had a rare opportunity to go to a wedding yesterday for the daughter of the senior pastor at our church. It was a lovely ceremony with about 450 in attendance. We had a seat near the back right on the isle which meant that we had a great view as the 12 (yes 12) brides maids filed in.

As the excitement built for the arrival of the bride I found myself getting a little choked up. I think the trouble started when I looked down at my own two daughters and started to think of the day that I would be the proud father and this would be their wedding. When the very lovely bride entered I was actually having to hold back tears as I projected forward to their day.

Then, I started thinking of the cost of it all and that brought me back to reality and I was glad that this was a day that was many (many if you are reading this Julia and Lea) years a way.

When it happens I am sure it will be wonderful just like the wedding yesterday.

No comments: