Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The short flight that wasn't

The other day I was flying from Denver to Nashville to attend a conference with our Federal sales team when things went a little wrong. After a smooth flight over from San Francisco (at 5:55 am Ugh) I made it to my gate with plenty of time. This leg of the flight was on a regional jet which is usually fine.

We boarded on time, closed the door and look ready to go when…we were told we were delayed by at least 15 minutes. 15 minutes turned into 45 and we still had no answer.

Finally the person in front of me asked and was told “someone in the back had what was described as a “deeply personal” problem”.

It turned out that someone had an "incontinence" problem and there were several seats and the bathroom in the back of the small plane that were not usable.

It took them more than 2 hours to fix the problem!

So my short 2 hour flight ended up taking more than 4 hours!!!

No comments: