Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Benefits of a Rain or Shine Policy

Recently with the weather we have been having here in California I've missed a couple of runs because of the rains. This was frustrating for me but more so for my training partners who are getting ready for some pretty big events. Their frustration built to the point that they went out last weekend in a pretty good downpour. I saw them run by and thought "ooh I'm glad I am not out there".

It turns out they didn't melt or worse so they instigated a new "rain or shine" policy.

So when I woke up last night and heard rain in the downspout I knew the run was on. I mechanically got myself ready for the run psyching myself up to go.

Fortunately when I stepped outside it had already stopped! So instead of turning over and missing out I went out an had a great run! The smell of Eucalyptus just after a rain is awesome!

I love the benefits of our new rain or shine policy.

No comments: