Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Music Man?

The other day I was riding with the kids in the car and they asked me to put on their favorite radio station (yes they have a favorite) - Radio Disney. I switch the radio over and it was in mid-song with a voice that sounded very familiar to me but I could not place the name.

From the back seat Nicolas pipes up in his little 4 yr old voice - "That's David Ar-chu-let-ta, he almost won American idol" and it turns out he was right on. Now Nicolas probably saw 3 episodes total of American Idol last year so for him to remember the voice and the name of the singer was pretty amazing to me. I chalked it up to an anomaly until the other day he did the same thing again with another artist!

I then realized that he actually does a pretty good job singing songs (often at the dinner table) and he likes to bang on things (not that unusual for a 4 yr old boy I know) and even has taken Julia's violin out of the case (causing much strife).

I then also remembered one of my posts about him enjoying rocking out to Stevie Ray Vaugh last June.

So, maybe he is just musically inclined?

No comments: