Monday, December 28, 2009

Stopping the slide

It's been a few months now since I last ran and I was really starting to feel bad about that. Additionally due to a few extra portions of holiday food and cheer I was starting to see the weight I had worked so hard to lose come back on slowly. I guess the final straw was related to the new Wii we got at Christmas. One of the "games" we have is called Wii Fit and includes this nifty little balance board that it uses for many of the activities.

In setting up my WiiMii (virtual John) in the Wii Fit it does a body mass estimate and everyone in the family came up in the healthy range, except me. Now, I'll claim that I am also the only one in the family who has worked out with weights and has a higher body mass but it still made for some well intentioned ribbing from the rest of the family.

So anyway I've decided to stop the slide and get back to running. I was going to make it a New Years resolution however the situation appears to be serious and cannot wait!

No comments: