Saturday, January 9, 2010

Great Game, Great Friends, Great Time

Hey I returned early yesterday from Pasadena where was attending the BCS national championship game at the Rose Bowl between Alabama and Texas. Unfortunately the game did not turn out as I expected in large part because the starting quarterback Colt McCoy got injured on the 5th offensive play. Texas lost 37 to 21 but the game was actually much closer and much much more exciting than the score tells.

After Colt went out an untested freshman Garret Gilbert had to come in and try to lead the team to victory, and he almost did cutting a 24 to 6 halftime lead to 24 to 21 with the ball and more than three minutes on the clock in the 4th quarter. By this stage my voice was almost completely gone from yelling! My head actually hurt from whistling as much as I was. Unfortunately for the horns the Bama defense stepped up and caused a turnover and that was it.
I went with my pals Richard and David Moxley and a friend from work JT (Jason Tidwell). All in all I still had a blast, we attended the Texas tailgate party, ate some good food, drank a few beers and screamed our heads off trying to urge our Horns to victory.

Richard posted pictures we took with his camera. Also in the pictures are his parents who are Bama fans and I am guessing much more satisfied with the outcome of the game.

You can't quite get a sense of the atmosphere before and during the game from the photos but I heard someone describe it as electric and I would have to agree. If you ever have a chance to go to a game like this you should, it is worth the money.

Hook em Horns!

The entire gallery is here on this link:

http://mox.smugmug.com/Other/Texas-vs-Alabama-Jan-2010/10893675_w9YFJ/1/760409645_ZYV2v

Some selected photos here below













No comments: