Saturday, January 23, 2010

I might be addicted to...

a tank game we have for the Nintendo Wii we have. So far I would say it hasn't adversely affected anything (I am not choosing the game over food or sleep YET) but I certainly like to play.

The tank game itself is one of several on our Wii Play game. The game itself is really quite simple in that you control a tank from a top down view (not even a fancy first person game) and try to eliminate the other tanks controlled by the game. The levels of course get progressively more challenging because of both more challenging layouts of the game and because the tanks you must eliminate become better, faster and more well armed than your tank.

One of the good but annoying things about the game is that the shells you shoot (and anyone else for that matter) will bounce off the walls of the playing arena 1 time. This means that you can accidentally shoot yourself if you are not careful.

I am not sure why this game is so addictive to me. I think maybe it takes me back to some of the games I played as a kid except the levels are more interesting and of course it has the Wii style interface with the motion capture/trigger combo.

At this point the kids will sit on the couch and cheer me on because I am able to go so much further than they can (unlike many of the other Wii games where they are much better than me). Maybe that is it, maybe I need my own little area of the Wii where I can be the best?

Who knows, either way hopefully Melissa won't have to send me to rehab. Now back to the game. :-)

No comments: