Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fiddler a little aloof

I must admit that any real musical talent that the family had (and I have real reason to believe there was some) seems to have departed with my gene combo-pack. Still I was glad when Julia voluntarily decided to pick up the violin. She has practice twice a week in which she diligently carries her rented (for now) violin up to school. She does not practice much at home (which one could see as a blessing in disguise) so I know her progress may be coming along a little slow. That said there will be a recital tomorrow evening at school (cough, cough, honey you go, I may be catching a cold and don't want to infect the children). :) It will be interesting to see where the other children are relative to Julia.

Here is a rare photo of Julia actually playing her violin.


No comments: