Friday, December 26, 2008

"The Road" - Wow a must read

I just finished (in under 24 hours) a Cormac McCarthy book (same author as No Country for Old Men) called "The Road" and all I can say is wow!!!

This book tells a post apocalyptic story of a father and boy moving through America in the bleak aftermath of some terrible world destroying event. It is about the mans love for the boy and their struggle for survival against all odds. It is currently being made into a movie and I cannot wait.

If you like this kind of book (for me I could NOT put it down) I highly recommend it although it is not exactly light holiday reading. Some people call this book depressing however I found it thought provoking. It made me wonder if I could do what the man did for one or all of my children. Could I find that kind of inner strength and resourcefulness. I hope so.

For more information check out this blog.

No comments: